Organizational Culture, not mission, not vision, not values, and certainly not climate, is what makes it possible for an organization to succeed. A growing body of research-based information proves the relationship between a constructive culture and economic performance, quality, customer service, excellence, employee satisfaction, motivation, and retention. And contrary to the popular view of some, you don’t describe your culture by talking about what you want it to be – you have to scientifically analyze, diagnose, and work to create a culture of excellence.
View “Online Preview!“
The Organizational Culture Inventory, as part of an organizational culture audit and change process, can be used to:
- Provide a direction for organizational change and development.
- Promote organizational adaptability and facilitate strategic, technological, and structural change.
- Understand and manage diversity and international relations.
- Facilitate mergers, acquisitions, and strategic alliances.
- Monitor the impact of change efforts.
A typical organizational culture project involves completion of “ideal culture” inventories by the leadership team of an organization and surveying of a significant sample of employees throughout the organization to generate organizational culture profiles by sub-units and levels.
Getting to know your organization’s culture helps you determine if the behaviors expected of employees support – or detract from – high performance. Most importantly, assessing your culture brings to light opportunities for change and improvement that can nurture and sustain your high performers over time, making success a “sure thing” for your business…both now and in the future.
Introducing “A Culture for Ethics”
With the emphasis today on ethical conduct in the workplace, Human Synergistics has introduced a powerful new tool to examine your organization’s culture from an ethical viewpoint. Based the the same “Circumplex” as Human Synergistics’ Organizational Culture Inventory, this inventory can be an excellent self-examination or an in-depth organizational development program to increase awareness and sensitivity to ethical conduct.
Beyond the Far Cliffs has conducted numerous organizational culture audits for both profit and non-profit organizations in a variety of industries including fund-raising, health and fitness, healthcare, professional organizations, financial institutions, and entertainment.
- Assessment: We can take the lead in conducting an independent assessment of your organizational culture.
- Interpretation: Understanding culture is not always easy — because the old culture rises up to defend itself. We can help with the interpretation that’s beneath the numbers.
- Facilitating Organizational Culture Change: With a variety of tools and services, we can help make the culture change your organization needs.
Ten Reasons for Assessing Organizational Culture: A .pdf file showing the possibilities of assessing organizational culture for a variety of purposes.
A Tale of Two Cultures: This is the story (.pdf file) of two organizations, one which changed its organizational culture significantly over a three year period, the other where the culture got worse in the same three year period. A DVD presentation of this story, presented at the 2002 Human Synergistics International Forum is also available.
Contact us for more information on Organizational Culture Assessment, the Corporate Ethics Audit, and Culture Change programs.